Saturday, November 14, 2009

Would somebody please...

Would somebody please invent a washer that washes and drys all in one? I long for the day that I can start my laundry in the morning and come home to it already dry? I've wanted one of these for years!

After five years of parenting under my belt I'm adding one important improvement to my already great idea (if I can say so myself, and I just did). This super washer and dryer in one also needs to be able to magically remove things. No, I'm not talking stains - that is too easy. I want it to remove things that I didn't know were there like pea rocks, gum, candy, and stickers stuck on soccer shirts that leave a sticky residue for a decade or two. Even more importantly it should remove the things I know are there but cross my fingers and select "Super Plus Super Dee Duper Wash" as I throw it in and hope I don't see it again like: big chunks of throw up all over my 3-year-old's comforter, or the latest causality from a diaper that didn't live up to the manufacturer's promise.

I'm willing to pay big money for such an item. So all those engineer's out there looking for a great idea here is your golden ticket - free of charge. And I'll be your first customer!

2 comments:

Ted said...

Too bad you don't have any family members with engineering degrees...

Alicia Alexander said...

A washer dryer combo exists. Copy & paste this:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=washer+dryer+combo&rls=com.microsoft:*&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7WZPC_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=3779992794370604697&ei=pBwfS_HlB8GhnQfoxfDVDQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers

But it wont do all those other wonderful things you describe. May I add to the list, removing crayons from pockets so the entire load doesn't come out with orange wax EVERYWHERE which wont wash out again.