Thursday, September 4, 2014

It's a Girl!!!

This post is a bit delayed but adding another family member makes this crazy life even fuller. And since I'm literally trapped under my sleeping third child
I may as well write this post I haven't made time for yet. 
A few weeks ago we completed what has turned out to be a mostly open adoption of out new little girl... Zoey.
She is a mama's girl and sticks to me like glue. She is slowly warming up to hubby. Sometime in her past she was abused by a man (but not by the woman we got her from). Since she is 1 1/2 yrs old we kept her name. And thanks to a little surgery two days ago, and much to the Things dismay, she will never have puppies. 
We love her to pieces - even when she chews on our lego pieces. And we are slowly raising the balance of boys to girls in this house! We are also very lucky to have Molly living with us who can educate me in all the puppy training skills I so clearly lack. 
She likes to curl up "like a doughnut" to sleep - according to the boys. 

She also likes to have her belly rubbed, squeak her toys way too much, and go on runs with me. The Things are convinced her spots mean she is part Dalmatian. Lol. She is lab mixed with "whatever dog got out that day." According to hubby. 
Welcome to our family, Zoey!

1 comment:

alisa scibilia said...

Sherry......I have my girl Fifa.....we have the same life !!!! <3 love you...remember though you are the Queen still.