Monday, August 25, 2014

Did God Send His Son to Kindergarten?

Did God ever send His Son to Kindergarten?  This morning Thing 3 teared up and told me he was going to miss me at K.  My resolve to send him trembled along with my heart; I pulled him into my lap for a long hug.  I know God never sent His Son to K, but that doesn’t mean He can’t understand my heart today.  In fact, this ache helps me understand His Heart a little more. 

I sent T3 off today hoping he will make new friends, be accepted, run and laugh and play and learn.  God sent His Son off without a single hope that He would experience any of those things in this world. What parent would willingly send their child out knowing they would be persecuted, despised and rejected?  Does this make God callous and cruel? Or does it reveal the depth of His love?

God knew Jesus would land in the middle of a mad man’s mass murder plot right from birth.  And His life would end, temporarily, on earth with His eventual torture and murder some thirty years later.  How much harder must it have been to send Him, the exact imprint of His image, into the world knowing all the rejection and pain He would endure? Why would a loving parent do this? 

God also knew the only way to get all His children back was to sacrifice His perfect Son to make atonement for us all. All in order to send me, and all the world, a message.  I miss you.  I love you.  I want you back.  I want it so badly I’m giving up the one Perfect relationship I have in order to restore all our relationships.


And after Jesus endured the cross, making purification for My sins, He returned to sit down at the right hand of His Father.  Me, I ‘m just looking forward to T3 returning in a few hours and sitting down to a pb and j together.  And in the in between time, with every little pang of separation, I’m reminded of His incredible LOVE for me…for us and the separation He endured on my behalf.


How Deep the Father’s Love for us
How Vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
And make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing loss
The father turns His face away
As wounds that mar the Chosen one

Bring many son’s to glory

No comments: