Tuesday, August 5, 2014

How to Not be a Jerk (or Jerkette)

...that was the working title of my new booklet. :) It got tweaked a bit and the real title is, "How to Talk to Women: Why it Get's Awkward. How to Talk to Men: Why we Emotionally Attach."  We released it in May but with all our travels I'm just posting about it. 

My target audience is mid-teens through 20s, but really anyone who interacts with the opposite sex could benefit from it, single or married.  It is short (44 pages) and compact in size (4x6) intentionally so it can be read through in one sitting or in a discipleship setting.

I learned a lot in this writing-for-print process (i.e., this was realllllly stretching for me!) Thankfully God provided all the right people with the know-how to get it done in time. More than once I remember throwing up overwhelmed prayers for guidance. Time and again God put the right people in place to help.

Among those answered prayers were some very helpful folks at NavPress (who helped with editing and all sorts of printing, paper and layout advice).  He even provided a friend who knows Jerry Bridges to get the foreword written.  Wow!  My writing group along with a few other pre-readers provided lots of helpful feedback. And I tested my friendship a bit with my takented graphic designer friend, Virginia, to get an awesome cover design. Only in God's perfect timing could this have all come together.

 If you would like a copy or know someone who might please email: emotionalintegrity@gmail.com.  They are $3.

Would you do me a sweet favor and "share" this post to spread the word?  And say a little prayer that it will bless the folks who read it as they pursue healthy, freeing and honoring relationships with the opposite sex. Thanks!

No comments: