Sunday, November 29, 2009

Some Fun Pics

Finally an update! We spent a week around Halloween with my best friend in MO and then she and her family came up to stay with us for Thanksgiving. Along with a last minute addition of some new -to - town friends from NY. We had 6 adults and 7 kids! It was pretty wild but lots of fun. Needless to say there hasn't been a lot of time for blogging. And even as I write this T3 is crying to be picked up, T2 is running around mostly naked and playing the bongo and T1 is zooming things across the laminate floor. Sigh...never a dull moment. So here are some pics of our life lately. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving as well!

The running joke is that hubby and my best friend's hubby look a lot alike so when we were black friday shopping (is it called black friday b/c it is still dark out when your best friend drags you out of bed to go?) anyways, we picked out matching shirts for them. How cute!!! J/K we know they will never ever wear them at the same time again, they just put them on as a joke to humor us.

Best friend's hubby making the all important snicker apple salad -a last minute addition to our Thanksgiving feast and yet another way to ruin something perfectly healthy but oh-so-good. This will forever be remembered as the Thanksgiving of the massive amount of mashed potatoes. I just threw out the last 20 cups of it today!



Thing 1 at his annual Thanksgiving performance with his Pre-K class.

Sitting up in the bath now - soooo much fun!

Taking the kiddos to the park to run off some turkey.



Rub a dub dub, 3 Things in the tub!

Thing 3 sporting his new sweater that my mom made - thanks Grandma!


And the new hat I finally finished!



Visiting Santa at Lewis also means seeing our friend and local pharmacist! Thing 1 wanted to know why her husband wasn't there at work with her.

A VERY quick stop outside in the freezing cold to see Santa's reindeer.




Making molasses cookies with the Things. I only make these at Christmas time and the boys helped roll the balls this year - a new skill for Thing 2. I was very proud of him. They also remind me of the great throw up Christmas Eve two years ago with T2....but we will save that story for another day.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Loved these pictures. Especially 3 Things in a tub...isn't that how pink eye started?? I need your molasses cookie recipe! Those looks delicious and fun to make with my little thing. Also, I think we have the same bar stools in our kitchen, really. How fun. Well, I don't have them yet per say, but David ordered them for me for Christmas. We've been standing at our island for two years now, and it is time to have a seat! Black painted wood with a stained wood seat?? Yep! Love you. Thanks for sharing your pics!