Sunday, March 1, 2009

A glimpse of spring







Living out of town on a dirt road with a dirt driveway has its advantages...at least if you are 2 and 4 year old boys it does. Now that the boys are healthy (dare I say it) and I'm on my way to being healthy thanks to some trusty antibiotics, we were able to enjoy a rare but welcome 40 degree day last week.


And when the weather isn't nice and the Things aren't busy playing "army guys" (yes, we've just about worn out one set of camo already), they are almost always asking to read books. Hubby, being my hero once again has been doing a lot of that reading while I've been laid out with this stubborn cold. He pushed me out the door to the doctor on day 13 of my plague and three tissue boxes behind us. I'm thankful not only for him stepping in with the boys when I just couldn't muster the energy, but also for his wisdom in making me go to the MD when I was reluctant to. Why is it so easy to take your kids and tell your hubby to go, but so hard to go yourself???


I can hardly believe we have only 5 weeks to go until we meet our little honeydew (that is the fruit of the week...weighing in at 5 1/4 lbs on average). Though if the size of my belly is any indication it is more like carrying around a watermelon. I told my OB last week that I felt like we were both running out of room and he said, "Yup, you are looking pretty full." Nice...


It will be really fun to find out what this little one is! Thing 2 continues to insist on a boy while Thing 1 (already knowing what it is like to have a little brother) is adamant that it be a girl. We will see which one has the gift of prophecy soon enough. I've gone back and forth feeling like it is one or the other. I can honestly say I'm at the place where I would be equally excited for either...just for very different reasons. If it is a boy, I'll start counting down the days until they will all be deer hunting with Dad and I'll get to join in the fun at craft weekend again. :)


I'll leave you with a glimpse of my crazier side....I have to try really hard to surprise hubby after all these years and I think I caught him by complete surprise with his valentine this year. :) Here is the picture I put on his homemade card:



1 comment:

Rose said...

Hilarious! That belly shot was not at all what I was expecting!! Loved the picture of your kiddo playing in the mud, too. R would love to be joining him...