Friday, February 20, 2009

Batman Underwear

Today I was happy to learn from Thing 2 (who has been potty trained for a couple weeks now...yippeee!) that his Batman underwear scare the monsters that are in the basement. Where did he hear about monsters in the basement? Thing 1 of course. Until his elder brother mentioned them they never entered his 2 and 3/4 year old mind. They don't cause problems though when Thing 1 loans a pair of Batman underwear.
I've been pretty impressed lately with Thing 1's generous nature that is appearing for now. Last week when he had a cookie from preschool that was too big he decided on his own that he should break it in half and share it with his brother. He also willingly lets Thing 2 wear his clothes, underwear included. I know this season will pass all too quickly, but for now I'm enjoying their mostly playing well together.
This morning we took the boys out for breakfast to have a little time together before Hubby left for his Dangerous Man conference www.dangerousman.org. It was fun eating out together and dropping Thing 1 off late for preschool. I'm enjoying these early years of school when we can decide at the last minute to go out to breakfast and just be "late" for everything else if we want to. I'm also glad hubby gets a well deserved "break" with 12 other men from our campus. I think the title tells it all that it is sure to be a testosterone filled weekend!
Well, Thing 2 needs help with a puzzle and I think his asthma is still giving him some troubles since he can't stop coughing....so my blogging time is up!`

No comments: