Monday, October 20, 2008

Love You A Latte


How much does my husband love me? Sometimes when the stress of two and half kids, lots of travel and a busy ministry I can stop and wonder "how did we get here?" Life was so much simpler in the early years when I had all the time in the world to think of special ways to tell Hubby I loved him and vice-versa.
But just the other day Hubby reminded me that sometimes taking time to say "I love you" means not spending special time together, but spending some time apart...mainly, me alone in a coffee shop with a really big coffee, my journal and Bible. Despite his busy list of things "to do" Hubby insisted I still get out by myself for awhile b/c with all the crazziness it had been awhile since I'd had a chance to do this. And when I mentioned I was going to make a coffee to go and hit the library so I didn't have to spend $3 on a coffee, he opened up his wallet and gave me his full coffee card, ready to redeem. (now that is LOVE!)
That afternoon makes me think back to our wedding day when our good friend and pastor challenged Hubby that it was his job to make sure he nuture my relationship with God and help it grow. Well, after 8 years of marraige, Hubby is still living up to his end of the deal-e-o and then some. This humongous decaf soy carmel latte is my sweet, warm reminder. I had to take a picture and make it my wallpaper on my cell to remind myself on the more harried days that even when we don't always have time to leave sappy love notes for the other to find and we are way too tired to stay up past 10 anymore, that he still does really love me a latte and frankly, I love him a latte too!

1 comment:

Sara Cox Landolt said...

I love this headline Sherry!
Very clever.
Sara