Monday, October 27, 2008

Funny things I've heard lately

Thing 1 (4 1/2 yrs old) - While sitting down in Hubby's Lazy Boy with his Storybook Bible (given by one very cool Auntie Daya - he says "I'm going to have a Quiet Time".

Hubby - "Do you know what a QT is?"

T1 - "No"

Hubby - explains QT in 4 yr old terminology

Me - "It will be easier to have a QT when you can read"

Still you have to credit the kid for getting the place and book choice correct. But don't give the parents too much credit b/c this is also the same kid that several hours earlier pitched a fit about going to Sunday school and ended up in the nursery instead.


T1 has also told me lately - "I'm going to do Bible Study"...he must be spending more time with hubby lately than me. :)

T1 - after noticing that I straightened my annoying pregnant hair that will not just be consistantly curly or straight all in one day - "Mommy, what happened to your wiggly hair?"

Our two EDGE guys were over one night and noticed me ironing a pair of maternity pants. They weren't blown away by the fact that I was ironing which anyone who knows me well enough would be...but were quite impressed with the pants commenting - "You mean they make special pants for pregnant women?" I'm still laughing about that one. I don't know why they would know this, both being single, but what exactly do they think women who look like they've swallowed a basketball wear? I guess I don't really expect that they have thought much about it, but I still think they are really funny!

Thing 2 - shortly after T1 emerged from bed one evening stating he had to go to the potty, T2 emerges (T1 had recently showed him how to climb in and out of his crib) at the doorway and states "I have to go potty". Not only does he know how to get out of his crib, he knows what to say to stay out...if only he really knew how to go potty he would not have been sent directly back to bed!

Okay, now it is your turn. What are some funny things people have said to you lately? If I've made you smile you can return the favor by posting your comment below.

Also - to the two jokesters who voted "other" for the sex of the baby - it was just there as a joke! And the ultrasound last Thursday confirmed it is a baby and not an other! Pics to come soon! And, no, we did not find out the sex! :)

3 comments:

Rose said...

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing, Sherry. My son's most recent included a dialogue with a door-to-door evanglist outreach group from a local baptist church.

Them- how certain are you on a scale of 0-100% than you will spend eternity in heaven

Me - I am 100% certain

Them - can you tell us why you feel that way?

(before I can answer...)

Son- I am 100% certain, too!

Them - Really? When did you receive Christ?

Son - Well, I don't know about that, but I asked Jesus into my heart a long time ago!

Them - thank you for your time, mam!

I couldn't have been more entertained and more proud in the same moment!!!

Sara Cox Landolt said...

They make pants for pregnant women... I'm going to laugh about that one for a long time...

Love it!
Sara

Alisa said...

sherry, I picked a third boy-of course!! love Alisa