Saturday, March 24, 2012

Giving Way


Today is Thing 2’s 6th birthday.  I’m sad that we have to spend all day apart at a Peace Making seminar at our church.  Yet I know it is an important process for our church body and the timing is out of my hands. 

This morning my daily devotional took me to Ephesians 4 – not surprisingly a chapter on unity.  Paul is urging that church body to “walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”  (v. 1 – 3). 

Lord, when I need to lay down my pride and “my right” to be angry, help me give way to Your Spirit of humility. When I need to lay down my power and “my right” to be heard, help me to give way to Your Gentle Spirit. When I need to lay down my opinions and “my right” to share them, help me to give way to Your Spirit and patiently listen to those around me.  And when I need to lay down “my right” to be respected, help me give way to Your Spirit of love that endures the trampling of “my rights”.  Lead me to the common ground of the cross where You laid down all Your Rights in order to Unite us in Peace.  

No comments: