Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Moving"

Could it be? A post from me? I'm sure you have all given up on this blog and for all I know these words will go unread but I'm okay with that. I've missed my writing time. I've missed processing with the tips of my fingers tapping along all 26 letters (it is 26, right?). And of course I've missed all your little notes back encouraging and praying when appropriate.

Let me tell you I haven't completely forgotten about this space in my life, I just haven't had room for it lately. I've written a hundred posts in my mind since we last met here, I just never got them out. But now I'm clearing things out and moving things around and hope to be here more often - and whether you show or not I'll never know!

Sometimes that "moving" is hard work though. That wonderful conference that I sooooo enjoyed directing left me pretty wiped out - emotionally and physically. And then I went straight from that into crisis mode with a dear friend. And then I had another conference to think about planning for the fall which left me completely immobilized!

Sometimes that "moving" is just painful. Painful to my pride - like just a few minutes ago when I had to back out of a commitment I'd made. That was really hard. My people-pleasing nature does not like to disappoint. Thankfully though they were gracious in my backing down. God was good to give me wise counsel and ears to hear (though they were a bit slow to listen I admit).

Well - it is time to wake up two sleepy boys (no, I didn't drug them just so I could actually sit down and write for once, thought that is an idea...) - they were just both tired at the same time for a change! And then I'm off to get the third.

And you know, I think I'm liking the moves. Even though they are tiring and painful and times, they are helping me grow...hopefully to be more like Him and less like me.

1 comment:

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Hi Sherry,
:-) Glad you are writing again. I am prepping my project 3x this Friday (like really soon!!) on campus at a writing conference. Not ready yet, but excited about it!
Enjoy the nicer weather!
Love,
Sara