Monday, July 4, 2011

Family, Friends and Making Memories

When we returned to our little house in the woods on Thursday after a week of vacation I remember thinking "it will feel good to sleep in our own bed." That is when I realized that our little house has begun to feel like home no matter how temporary.
We had a great visit with hubby's side of the family enjoying time with everyone together, celebrating birthdays and our nephew's HS graduation. The weather was perfect and the time sweet. Then we headed up to another little cabin in the woods, this one sitting right on Clark lake for a few days RnR. We enjoyed great fellowship with old friends in the area and just exploring and playing in Door County. My only regret is that I didn't locate our camera until we returned; there it lay in the kitchen drawer! The mental pictures of sunsets on the lake, little boy legs dangling from trees and tire swings and collapsing in sleep heaps at the end of long summer days of fun will have to do. I wish I could make an online album from my brain!
I do, however, have pictures from our very fun reunion with friends during Rythm and Booms (Madison's firework celebration) that we enjoyed two nights ago! I will post those soon!
Upon our return I felt mixed emotions that we have only 3 short weeks left here in the Dells. There is still so much more I want to do and have to do before we leave. There is that house full of Turkish women just up the road - I really need to make some brownies and introduce myself. There are two weeks of swim lessons starting today, t-ball, lots of ministry events, two precious women I mentor, the list goes on and on.
Guide my steps, Father, show me each day what I am to "be about" and what I am to say "no" to.
More on that later...

No comments: