Saturday, April 4, 2009

Flooded Friends, 29 Dreamers, Sweet Moments...both quiet and loud.

Before I ramble on, if you only have time to read one thing, please go to this link (which for some reason won't show up as a link so you'll have to copy it...sorry):

http://xcerpts.wordpress.com/2009/03/31/friends-lose-to-river/

It will give you the story of some good friends, and fellow ministers of ours. Their home was flooded with the recent rising of the river in Fargo. They also just recently adopted their third child. Without flood insurance to cover the cost of repairs, and the expenses of adoption, they could really use your consideration of support and prayers. Please join me in praying for them and supporting them however God leads.

Now...for what is going on south of the floods...
It is officially one day past my due date...unfortunately Thing 3 was uninformed of his/her expected arrival. So I will take a moment to reflect on the poll now that it is officially closed. It seems there are 8 realists (votes for boy), 29 dreamers (votes for girls), and 4 humorists (who voted "other"). Ha, ha, you are sooo funny. :)

In lieu of life going on in spite of feeling like it should be "on hold", we have been enjoying some sweet moments together. The boys have found us in bed a few mornings to enjoy some early morning snuggle times...as much as a 3 yr old boy can lay still in the morning. One favorite moment was yesterday when it was just Thing 1and I in bed and I taught him the "Draw a letter on your back and you guess what it is" game. I know these are silly, simple things...but I'm enjoying them immensely.

Last night we picked my folks up at the airport and enjoyed a quiet dinner out (the Things were at a local church for Kid's Night Out...God bless that church!). It is funny how eating out at a restaurant takes on a whole new level of pleasure once you have children and don't have them with you. I know this seems opposite of what I just wrote about above, but I never promised to make sense. :) Hubby noted the table across the Thai restaurant had a family with two young kids that were all quiet and enjoying their meal....they were girls.

I'm excited to find out if 3 boys are in our future, and many more much appreciated date nights...and more energetic than I would envision morning snuggle times...or if it will be a whole different ball game like the 29 dreamers out there envision for us. :) Whatever it is, I'm ready!

Here is a belly shot from a few days ago...the Things are already in love with Thing 3. :)

1 comment:

Rose said...

Love the belly shot! Thing 2 sort of looks like he is trying to bite Thing 3, doesn't he? Maybe he is just giggling...I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Praying for your safe and healthy delivery and for the transition your family is headed into. Also, praying for your friends in Fargo...