Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's, Blastoff, and Goodbye




So I was feeling a bit crabby this morning about still being pregnant. I know I should be more grateful to just be allowed to be pregnant. And so I add guilt to my crabbiness, not helped by everyone commenting "you're still pregnant?!" as if I had a choice in the matter. Anyways, to lift my mood I decided to make my FB status "heading to the hospital" and it did cheer me up that people actually believed me. I guess it is my twisted way of passing the time that seems to be passing sooooo slowly! Turns out God decided to give me a taste of my own medicine as I had contractions 2 - 5 minutes apart for about 2 hours late this afternoon. Alas, they slowed down, much to my utter disappointment and here I sit blogging instead of laboring. Oh well, all in His time.

Today Thing 2 informed me that the baby was going to come like this: "5, 4, 3 ,2 ,1, 0, blastoff, pop!" Interesting interpretation of labor. Hopefully it will go nearly as quick as that...but not too quick for appropriate pain management.

In other news - I'm finally getting around to posting a photo from spring break...they are all holding up jackrabbit ears (in case you are wondering). I think I already blogged about what a great trip it was and how the students had really positive experiences.

The ministry continues to run smoothly and we are continually blessed to have our EDGE team here to minister alongside. They are such a blessing to us, including our faithful volunteer staff J. I can't imagine how things were without them and am already dreading their time being up in another year and a half.

Speaking of the EDGErs, N, moved out of our basement this past weekend to free up the room for Thing 3. We were all sad to see him go. He was a lot of fun to have around and the boys absolutely loved him! We offered to set up the bunk beds in the boys' room for him, but in the end he decided to move in with some good friends of ours instead. I know he will be as much of a blessing to that family as he was to ours. Thanks, N, for loving on our family and serving us so well!

1 comment:

Tina said...

I love your belly shot :) Glad you are well. Praying for your blast off delivery :)