Sunday, May 11, 2014

Spring Celebrations - Utterly Blessed

In March Thing 2 turned 8!  
Much to my dismay he requested rollerblades. Be still my mothers heart, there are a lot of big hills in our town! I instructed his father to buy as much protective gear as possible. :)
Two weeks later Thing 3 turned 5. I'm almost over being sad that my baby is a real big boy now.  Almost. 

Then in May Thing 1 turned 10! We surprised him with a room makeover while he stayed overnight at a friends. 
Since it is his golden bday he had a golden cake!
For Mother's Day the boys surprised me with a lunch out to Steak and Shake. Yum! I loved that they thoughtfully planned a place for us all to enjoy. 
I'm very blessed to be a wife and mom to these men, big and little. I'm not sure my heart could get much fuller. This morning I meditated on 1 John 4:12-no one has ever seen God, but when we love one another His love is perfected in us and He abides in us. I can't see God- but with every little boy smile or kiss, and hug from my hubby, I know He is here. And He has utterly blessed me. Not bc I deserve it, but bc He is Love (1 John 4:10).
And the Starbucks and tulip delivery from my amazing husband are just icing on the top. 

No comments: