Saturday, June 16, 2012

Discipleship, Back Floats and Political Pics!

Discipleship takes on many forms in life; Thing 2 is training Thing 3 in the ways of costumes and weapons.  You can't see it but they are both wearing the  rain boots with their shorts of course! 

I'm a proud mamma!  This kid would barely get his eyes wet a few months ago and now look at him!  Swim lessons  4 days a week for the past two weeks have been a highlight for the boys (well everyone except T3 who just got to practice patience, eating gobs of snacks and self control until he gets big enough for swim lessons).

Thing 2 doing the back float.

this kid cracks me up - he LOVES doing cannon balls off the diving blocks.  He didn't realize you could dive off of them too until he saw another kid do it!  LOL

Safety Town is another great perk of living in this little prairie town of ours.  Thing 2 went for two weeks of safety training and LOVED it!  I loved that they started every day with some good o'l American values - The Pledge of Allegiance.  Obama may not "need" to wear a flag lapel pin to show his patriotism, but I'm glad my sons are growing up learning the value of the flag anyways! Since I'm getting political I may as well mention Thing 1's (8 yrs old) comment the other day as we listened to talk radio driving to all the activities, "I like listening to this and learning about the President."  I couldn't help but smile. Okay, I'll stop now...

Thing 3 is always begging for my coffee even at Safety Town graduation.  Who created this monster?

They learn how to cross a sidewalk.

The rules of the road.

Wearing their seat belts and much, much more... poison,  fires, police, strangers...etc!

At the end of two weeks they have a little graduation ceremony.

His instructor was just the sweetest!  She bought him a special toy just for memorizing his address!

With two older brothers it doesn't take them long to learn how to  "pose" hmmmm, at least he is smiling!

And another great pic of my sweet little angels.

Why do I even try?

This is as close as we got to everyone looking and smiling!

The end of spring and beginning of summer means soccer is  ending and baseball begins!

Thing 3 at his last soccer game.

Things 2 playing "soccer".

Soccer with a bunch of 5 and 6 yr olds involves a lot of things, most of them having nothing to do with the sport.

Like water breaks!  Lots of them.  And picking grass, falling down dramatically, dog-piles and kicking the ball as far as you can down the field when your teammates are nowhere near there.

No comments: