Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cute Things

The Things have said some pretty cute things lately. I wish I could write them all down as they happen so that I could remember them all. But I can at least capture a few.

Yesterday morning Thing 1 was memorizing a verse for his Good News club at school. The verse talked about loving our enemies and praying for those who persecute us. Later as we drove to school he told me that he had prayed that morning for a fellow classmate to learn to be a better kid. Apparently this kid isn't very nice. I don't want to sound like I'm patting myself on the back. In reality we didn't spend more than a few moments even talking about the verse. But I was really glad he happened to mention his little prayer to me. It gave me hope that we are making inroads into the Kingdom in his heart. I might still be pulling my hair out at mealtimes to get them to sit still and stop goofing off, but it is moments like these that let me know at least a little of what we are trying to teach are kids is getting through.

Tonight at dinner Thing 2 was commenting how much he looooveeesss spinach. And lest you get a false impression of my parenting abilities when it comes to getting my kids to eat healthy foods don't let it fool you. It is just a strange anomaly with him who is by far my pickiest eater. The kid doesn't even like cheese even though he was born in WI! Or peanut butter! You get the picture. But anyways, he then pipes up with, "I hope there is spinach in heaven!"

Later as I was tucking them into bed Thing 1 prayed, "Thank you that Daddy can get time alone with you and that he will come home tomorrow." (Hubby is on a personal retreat for some extended time alone with God). And Thing 2 asked if he can have his Nee-Nee (blankie) in heaven. I said "no" but he quickly devised a plan that if his Nee-Nee dies then it will go to heaven and be there for him.

Thing 2 is also still planning on building a rainbow house in our backyard to live in with Thing 1 and their wives. Thing 3 is now welcome to join them. But it should be noted that Thing 1 told me today he doesn't ever want to learn to drive so his future wife will need to be willing to drive him every where in addition to the aforementioned accommodations. And Thing 2 thinks that possibly the girl he marries someday will have the same color hair as him. This all remains to be seen...but I thought I'd better write it all down now so some day when they want to move far far far away from their sweet mama I can remind them of the original plan.

The only sort of funny thing Thing 3 said to me lately that I can recall is, "I'm gonna kick you in the b___" Ummmm, Excuse me?!? Why, yes, he does repeat EVERY
THING he hears and it often times isn't appropriate but almost always hard to keep a straight face while I correct him.

No comments: