Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dinosaurs and Hypotheses

Thing 1 starts first grade last week! Sigh, sniff, sigh...that was me. "It's MY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!"...that was him when I woke him up.

His teacher is super great! We scored two years in a row now with wonderful teachers! Which is making it hard for me to build my case that he should stay home all day with me...more sighing.

He get's his own desk - no more round tables. Very exciting!


It was hard to be sad with that face beaming up at me!



I asked him if he liked his teacher. "Yes."
I dug further, "What do you like about her?"
Pause. Silence. "Umm, I don't have any observations about her yet!"

Okay then. Last week he correctly used the word "hypothesis" so I was curious.
"Where did you learn the words 'hypothesis' and 'observation'?"
"From Dinosaur Train."
Proof that letting your kids watch a little TV can really be educational!

No comments: