Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Seeing Us Through


I've been reading through Paul's letter to the Romans lately. It is a bit heady for me if I haven't had at least one cup of coffee but I think I'm still picking up the gist of things here and there. :)

Today in one of my most favorite chapters of the entire Bible my mind hovered over a verse I usually just read on by, "Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep." (12:15). Lately I've been rejoicing over new babies, groaning over lack of sleep with those same babies, praising with recovery from illness, and weeping over uncertain futures - all with my friends. In one verse Paul summed up the essence of the heart of a woman (or man) engaged in true fellowship with other women...and he just thought he was listing off instructions for godly living to the Christians in Rome! :) My heart full of joys and burdens once again confirms that life is such a mixed bag of blessings and trials. I'm so grateful I have His loving Presence and friends to see us through...until it all gets way way better on the other side of heaven that is!

No comments: