Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Five Dollar Fountain of Youth


For just five bucks I feel fourteen again. Since it doesn't seem like it is ever going to get above the 40s again here (those two weeks of summer in the 70s last month were great while they lasted) I broke down and bought some leggings yesterday. All my spring and summer skirts were sadly hanging in my closet pressed (ahem, okay, fluffed in the dryer with a damp rag) and ready to be worn. But with the chilly weather I just couldn't bring myself to wear them. Sooooo, enter the 80s and my new leggings and the freedom to wear a skirt while building a fort with my four-year-old, crawling after my one-year-old and playing geo-trax with my six-year-old. Thankfully no urgings have arisen to bust out the scrunchies I'm sure are waiting to be unearthed in my caboodle. Though I am thinking that a couple of pairs of thick socks in coordinating colors with my shirt and skirt would really keep my feet nice and warm on this chilly "spring" day!

1 comment:

KarenV said...

I remember those days! Thanks for bringing me back! :)