Sunday, October 4, 2009

"Dedicated" Apple Pickers


Thing 3 wearing the sweater I finally finished...just in time to be almost too big for it! At least he got to wear it for his dedication today.

Things 1 and 2 wearing the sweaters Grandma made them...for some reason the Sunday school teacher told me she had a hard time telling them apart today. I have no idea why they are laying on the floor, I've given up trying to figure them out! Just the other day I found them each wearing at least 6 pairs of underwear at once...I decided they were all still clean and ordered them to put all but one pair away! Guess I need to be more specific when I send them downstairs to get dressed.

Our new Senior Pastor and T3.

Hubby said a prayer for T3 while the other 2 Things inspected the equipment on the stage in lieu of standing still.
T3’s Dedication Prayer

Our Heavenly Father,
We are thankful for the gift from You of our son. In your Word it says that ‘Sons are a heritage from you, and children are a reward. Help us to always treasure and value (T3) keeping this truth in mind. Your Word goes on to say, ‘Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one’s youth.’ Sherry and I ask for your help, guidance and direction to know how to raise and train (T3), so that when he is grown he can join in advancing your Kingdom and your glory. To this end, help us to instill in him a vision and passion for you and your ways. Help us to model for him what it looks like to love and follow you. And we pray that you would safeguard the teaching and instruction he receives from us and from the church so that from an early age he would know you as his savior, he would grow in not just knowing about you, but knowing you, and that when he is grown he would be a man of God who loves you and leads others into your kingdom. Amen.


We went apple picking yesterday...the boys have been gorging on apples ever since. Hopefully I'll have some left to make apple crisp.

They take you out to the orchard in a horse and cart. It is pretty fun even if it is a bit of a rip-off to hubby who grew up with his own orchard! The memories are worth it though!





I accidentally had the camera on this strange setting, but the pics actually turned out kind of neat I think.

No comments: