Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Jesus Wept

Even after 8 3/4 years of marriage, hubby still surprises me. He wrote this poem for me after Heather died. I'm probably biased and a bit flattered, but I think it is excellent. I hope you enjoy it too.

"Jesus Wept"
By, Hubby

On seeing Lazarus bound in death,
Our Lord and Savior, Jesus wept.
Two sisters from their brother parted,
Aching, grieving, broken-hearted.
And when they see the Prince of Life,
They feel not joy, but deeper strife.
“If you had come, all would be well!”
Martha accuses Emmanuel.
“Believe in me, you’ll never die”
Replies the One who tells no lies.
“But so my glory you may see,
I come here to weep with thee.
You are grieved by Lazarus’ death,
Yet I’m the one who gave him breath.
This world is not as I intended;
So I, the Father sends to mend it.
My life, for you, I freely give,
So with loved ones you may live.
And when closest friends from earth are swept,
Know that like you, with you, I have wept.”

2 comments:

Jo said...

that is such a fine work, and what a neat expression of husbandly love. He is a good man, and very talented.

Melissa said...

this is great! what a gift for you.