Friday, September 5, 2008

Changes



Well, I know I promised some ministry pics in my next post, and I'll be getting to that soon, I promise. But since it is my blog I feel the freedom to change my mind and topic whenever the whim or major life change hits. Besides the whirlwind change that welcome week brings to the harmony of our household, we added a few other whack-my-planet out-of-allignment changes. One of the major ones was the first day of preschool for T 1. Now I know, I know. Preschool is nothing to you moms out there that are sending off your firstborns to real school like Kindergarten...or day I shudder, college! But this is the first of those many steps to come and I will probably whine, complain, rejoice and cry over each and every one of them. So without further adu, and to save myself some time...here is the entry I wrote in a journal I've been keeping for T 1 since he was born....wasn't that just yesterday?




September 5th, 2008


My big boy goes to school. Today was your second day of many days of school to come. Your first day you were too excited about the magnetic trains that you didn’t even say goodbye. Today, Daddy took you and as I hugged you goodbye it was hard not to cry. My heart was sad all morning as I plugged around the house getting chores done with the “help” of your two-year-old brother, T 2 (a secondary reason for “plugging”). T 2 was none too happy about not starting preschool right along with you, but I was glad for his (and your baby ?s) company to comfort me.

It is hard to be too sad about this milestone that we have leapt over when you are so excited about being on the other side. You love school. In fact when we went to the Open House the night before classes you cried because you didn’t want to leave. Other kids might cry at being left, but not my son. I remember giving my mom fits for weeks (or so I’m told) until she removed me from my first preschool and enrolled me in one closer to her work. You must take after your dad in yet another way when it comes to your enthusiasm to take on the educational establishment and whatever else the play room….err world, has to offer.

Speaking of play rooms, this is your favorite room and it is quickly becoming mine. When I told you to hurry up and get dressed or you would miss out on time in the play room (where you spend your first half hour of the day) you got dressed faster than I’ve ever seen before. Amazing what a little motivation can do!

Well, son, Dad and I are thrilled that you are enjoying preschool so much. We are even more thrilled that you come home and tell us that your learned about Jesus. We are praying for you to grow in every way, physically, emotionally, socially and most importantly, spiritually this year. If I didn’t think that attending preschool couldn’t help you do some of these things better than I, there is no way you would be attending preschool until maybe your turned eighteen or so. But alas, your Dad and you tell me you are ready.

I’m hoping our next goodbye gets a little easier….but never too easy.

I love you son and we are sooooooo proud of you!

Mom

2 comments:

mom said...

Awww...Keven was okay with it too but not my little babygirl.
Sometimes I get right in using the site you provided last and other times it asks for name and password-sigh-did you get a comment from me on nick or do I lnot know how to save/send it?
mom/gramma

mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.